Monday, April 26, 2010

Reflection on a slide from 'Black Box'

I have chosen this watercolor to reflect on the composition component of my design as it is also a relatively busy composition. In this painting there are many elements that have been brought together by their composition. While they appear coherent as a whole, each detailed component remains discernible and reflects Hawkings’ notion of underlying order. Yet in coming together, represent Darwin’s belief of the need for adaptability as each aspect may appear slightly modified. Likewise, in my work, I have tried to represent this inherent relationship by fusing disparate elements. Thereby each independently represents the need for change, and together appears to reflect a logical underlying order. Furthermore, the central composition of the painting shows how these elements are affected by their surroundings and change accordingly. My aim is to let the landform affect my structure to further illustrate this concept of the need for change. Yet like in this painting, and following Hawkings I hope to show that this doesn’t occur in “an arbitrary manner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment